Activate is an SBA-certified, woman-owned small business that delivers social science consulting services to federal, state, and local government agencies and private sector enterprises. Our expertise enables us to carry out complex quantitative data analysis, collect and analyze qualitative data, evaluate programs, provide technical assistance, and create publications targeted to a wide range of audiences.
Activate has positions available on statistical projects supporting federal clients. Responsibilities could include the following:
- reviewing statistical products to ensure their accuracy and compliance with standards and guidelines;
- reading methodology reports to identify and evaluate data quality measures;
- writing review memos;
- editing publications and databases;
- compiling information for reports;
- providing administrative support (e.g., taking notes; tracking task progress);
- other relevant job duties as assigned.
Activate is looking for individuals who are highly detail-oriented and who have training or experience in quantitative data analysis. Desired qualifications include:
- possession of either a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in the social sciences that included training in statistics, data analysis, or program evaluation;
- excellent written and verbal abilities;
- proficiency with Microsoft applications (e.g., Word, Excel);
- experience using one or more statistical applications (e.g., R, SAS, SPSS);
- ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
To apply, please submit (1) a resume and (2) a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications that we will likely receive, we cannot acknowledge receipt of all applications. We will contact you if we would like to schedule an interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Activate Research is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.